BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

We need a Christmas Break

The last few days, ever since Christmas really, my mother has had a bad migraine. Then she caught the flu from me. I was taught to share *shrug*. It is day 4 of her migraine and while i am starting to feel better, and her flu symptoms where actually not that bad, her headache has gotten worse.
Tonight for a period of a half an hour all I could do to help her was rub her and listen to her pray to God to make the pain stop. Eventually, she calmed down enough, or wore herself out enough, to fall asleep. As she was just starting to fall asleep I crawled into the bed where my dad used to sleep, and I remembered how he used to sit with her when she had a headache, rub her, talk to her, and soothe her. How she must miss this. How she must feel alone now compared to the past 30+ past years with my father beside her.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi JoAnne, I found your blog through Cristina's (a CADASILian in Brazil). I am sorry you lost your dad. I'm Janet and I post a lot on the CADASIL Support page on Facebook. I see you have it listed on your page; glad you know about it. It helps me a lot to chat with others there. I'm 51, was dx'd with CADASIL two years ago but had been having symptoms for awhile before that, just didn't know what "it" was.