BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, December 9, 2010

How We Grieve

I read this recently and it describes how my mother and I feel, so I thought I would share it here.

"When you lose a parent you lose your past; when you lose your spouse you lose your present; when you lose a child you lose your future."


"Sometimes an anticipated death can become a sudden death. Our loved one may have been terminally ill but died suddenly of a complication. We are left reeling from the unexpected loss, while everyone around us thinks we were [more] prepared for the death"

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Jo you can never ever be prepared for someone to pass. Even when Granny died I was not prepared. So do not let anyone tell you you should have been prepared and do not let yourself think that way either.