BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, December 10, 2010

A New Normal?

My Aunt Jane, who is a wonderful person, my dad's older sister, and was always very close to my dad and is loved by our family has started sending us a series of books to read about the different stages of grief. They arrive at different times and you can read them as you need them. The first one has arrived and my mother and I are taking turns reading it. So far, it sounds like everything we are going through is normal grief. Even the complete exhaustion that causes us to sleep the clock around. I find that I do wish that it was summer though so it would be easier to get out, that it wasn't so cold and the weather so daunting.
I have always been more of a do-er than my mom when it comes to things like organizing, going through things and such. I feel like I should lead the charge as far as going through some of my fathers things that were not sentimental. Some of his new clothes that he hadn't worn long, things that were bought only for the Home that he had been in for the last 6 month. Yet I don't want to do it. I can't bring myself to start it too soon, not because I am not really ready grief wise, but what if in my rush I get rid of something that I regret. Then I can never go back, I can never get that thing, that piece of my father back. It will be gone forever because I didn't wait a while. I rushed into it. Into the decision process with preconceived notions of what was important to me and what wasn't.

0 comments: