BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, July 23, 2010

As It Is Today.

When I first started this blog I thought I would maybe use it as a way to keep people up to date on how my dad was doing. Today, that is exactly how I am going to use it. On Tuesday morning my dad woke up and just like every morning he got up and took a shower. However, my mother noticed that he was very shaky and was having trouble with his balance. She told him that he should go back to bed to rest some more. When he tried to get up again about an hour later my mom told him that he was still to shaky to be walking around and tried to get him to sit down while she was holding onto the lapels of his robe, at this point my father turned to his weaker side and fell to the ground taking my mom with him as her hands were caught in his lapels. Now for those of you who don't know, my mother has 7 broken vertebrae in her back and is not supposed to bend over let alone be bent over to the ground by a 26o lb man. Luckily she was just stiff and sore from the ordeal and did not break anything.
My dad's right side had gone numb. He had no feeling in the entire right side of his body and I had to prop him up while my mom called the ambulance to come and bring him to the hospital for tests.
The ambulance and the police came within minutes. Apparently there was another 911 call at the same time in our building. It took them awhile but they got dad onto the stretcher, and took him away. We had yet to get dressed for the day.
By the time we made it to the ER dad's neurologist was in with him and had determined that he needed to be admitted. He had a MRI, and eco cardiogram, and many other tests. Thursday he was transferred from the hospital to the rehab facility. He is still bedridden, and keeps forgetting that he can't walk. He has fallen twice cutting his ear and his head because he thinks he can still walk, he simply forgets that his body no longer works the way it used to. That is where we sit today. I am about to go and visit him.

1 comments:

MSL said...

I'm thinking of you today. Love, Mary Sue